Students learn while they play and share what they learn. Musical Futures is not a scheme of work, a syllabus or curriculum. It is a series of models and approaches that can be personalised by teachers and schools to meet their needs and those of their students.
- Just Play - is a practical workshop plus a full easy-to-use resource for primary music specialists and secondary music teachers which explores the Just Play, the comprehensive musical skills-building Musical Futures approach....more
- Find Your Voice - an inclusive approach for engaging students of all ages with singing through vocal work and the integration of mobile technology. The Find Your Voice approach shows how music can be broken down into parts, recreated vocally with the support of relevant technology and through this students learn how music is constructed and developed....more
- Classroom workshopping is a whole class approach to large group music making and composing. Grounded in non-formal teaching pedagogy, musical ideas and development originate from within the group with the teacher as musical leader helping to shape and develop the music as it evolves.
- Groove your classroom takes drum kit rhythms and places them across common classroom percussion instruments and shows how these can be delivered in practical ways that are both musical and theoretical Musical Futures
- Songwriting explores inventive techniques for teaching contemporary songwriting and is supported by materials that engage students with fresh, hands-on approaches, opening them up to exciting possibilities for storytelling and music creation.
- Informal learning is a model of self-directed learning that aims to enhance student motivation, enjoyment and skill-acquisition in music lessons by tapping into the real-life learning practices of popular musicians....more
- OnCue is the Musical Futures approach to creative music-making. New resources combined with non-formal pedagogies (and practices) make OnCue suitable for use with any musical ensemble enriching and widening access to extra-curricular music learning.....more
Musical Futures has been selected to be a part of HundrED 2017, as one of the most inspiring innovations in K12 education.
HundrEd is an initiave to find innovative, impactful and scalable practices in education from around the world.
45 Glenferrie Road
Malvern VIC 3144
61 3 9507 2315